Sweet things to do this Summer
It’s Sweet Summertime!
Beat the heat, grab the whole family, your friends, or your significant other, and enjoy some of the many sweet things to do in Ascension Parish!
- Take a tour of the mansion at Houmas House and Gardens– Tour the historic Louisiana Estate and learn about how a succession of owners, the Mississippi River, and the Sugarcane industry grew this manor house into the grand estate that exists today.
- Shop til you drop! Shop over 65 brands at Tanger Outlets in Gonzales and explore the many unique Shops at the Cajun Village! Don’t forget to stop in the coffee house for beignets & cafe au lait! Plus, take your phone out and snap a few pictures of Big Boy and Nubby ( 2 resident alligators in the pond out back)!
- Visit the area distilleries and breweries! Ascension Parish is home to Noel Family Distillery and Sugarfield Spirits, Wine and Cidery, Gilla Brewing Co., and Grain Creations Brewing Co.
- Go bowling, watch a movie, or play arcade games at Premier Entertainment Center! There is something for the whole family to enjoy!
- Learn the history of early life along the Mississippi River at the Great River Road Museum and then cross over the Sunshine Bridge into Donaldsonville and tour the River Road African American Museum.
- Tickle your taste buds and indulge in one of the many cajun-creole restaurants such as Mike Anderson’s, Don’s Seafood, Hot Tails, and more!